Does Intuit require OpenID for QuickBooks Online integration?
Regards ♨ – Minimul
You do not need to implement OpenID to integrate with QuickBooks Online (QBO). However, if you want your app listed on the Intuit App Center than yes, OpenID support is required.
First, ask yourself if your app needs a Intuit App Center listing.
It might seem like a no brainer to desire an Intuit App Center listing but since implementing OpenID is just another checkbox in your long list of integration todos considering skipping the App Center listing if your application has the following characteristics:
- It is not a horizontal, financial based application.
- Applications that benefit most from App Center exposure are going to be ones that are financial in nature such as a SAAS billing service since they have strong ties into accounting. Horizontal applications, whether financial in essence or not, may also stand to benefit from a listing.
- Is an "internal" application only used inside the company firewall.
- Your sign ups are primarily coming from different marketing channels.
- If your application sells say, cedar-based sidings, your target audience is not going to find you through the Intuit App Center but instead from channels closely aligned to your niche.
In short, take some time to consider the importance of App Center publicity so as to not further delay the launch of your application's QBO integration.